Barnet Shenkin resides in Boca Raton, Florida, with his wife Maggie. He is a successful author of "Playing with the Bridge Legends", and teaches both small and larger groups, specializes in card play. He has been a regular contributor to the ACBL Bulletin.
Until 1998 he lived and worked in Scotland. For almost thirty years he combined working in the oriental rug industry with playing bridge internationally both for Scotland and Great Britain. He represented Scotland 50 times over 3 decades playing with six different partners. For Great Britain he played in more than 200 matches in both the European and World Championships.
Bridge successes include:
- Seven Scottish National Teams Championships
- Three British Gold Cups the premier teams event and four second place finishes
- Seven Camrose International wins (Scotland, England, Ireland, Wales)
- Two Sunday Times World Invitational Pairs
Many high finishes in the main national events in the United States include:
- Third Reisinger and Spingold
- Winner National Swiss in Vancouver
- 2001 Second in USA team trials
- 2003 Second in Vanderbilt teams
- 2004 Winner of Grand National Teams playing for Florida in NYC
- 2004 Winner of the National Swiss teams in Orlando at the Fall Nationals